Recipe - Quick & Easy Savory Summer Meals
With a household of crazy schedules, I’m all about quick and easy meals at an affordable price. That’s why I’ve been a Stop & Shop customer for years, so partnering up with them as a sponsor makes perfect sense. I always grab their free Savory magazine at check-out for great ideas. Here are a few of my favorites. For more recipes head to www.stopandshop.com/savory
CRISPY TILAPIA TACOS:
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 lb tilapia fillets
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 8 (6-inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- 1/2 cup light sour cream1 cup fresh pico de gallo
- cilantro and lime wedges for garnish
- In a shallow bowl, whisk the eggs and chili powder. Place the panko in another bowl.
- Season the fish with salt and pepper and dip it into the egg mixture and coat in the panko.
- Heat the oil in a nonstick skillet on medium-high. Add the fish in batches and cook 2-3 minutes per side until golden brown.Transfer the fish to a paper-towel lined platter. (HEALTHY TIP: bake the fish at 350 for 15-20 minutes)
- Cut the fish into large chunks and serve in the tortillas.
- Top with sour cream and pico de gallo. Garnish with cilantro and lime.
- 2 limes
- 1 lb pork tenderloin
- Asian chili garlic sauce
- olive oil
- peanut sauce
- Set grill to medium. Squeeze juice from 1 lime into a medium bowl.
- Cut pork tenderloin into 1/2-inch chunks and add to the bowl with lime juice.
- Add 2 tbsp chili garlic sauce and 2 tbsp olive oil to the pork and lime juice mixture.
- Season with salt and toss until well coated.
- Thread pork onto skewers that have been soaked in water.
- Grill skewers 10 minutes until cooked through, turning occasionally.
- Serve with 1/2 cup peanut sauce and lime wedges from second lime.
CHICKPEA AND CUCUMBER SALAD:
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 seedless English cucumber
- 1/2 bunch green onions
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup tahini1
- (5 oz) pkg of mixed green salad
- 1 (15.5 oz) can low sodium chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Seed and chop the peppers. Chop the cucumber. Trim and roughly chop the green onions.
- In a blender, puree the green onions, lemon juice, oil and 5 tbsp water.
- Transfer to a medium bowl and whisk in the tahini until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
In a large bowl, toss the greens, chickpeas, cucumber, and peppers. Add desired amount of dressing and toss until well combined. (HEALTHY TIP: keep the dressing on the side so everyone can add their own desired amount!)
#sponsored #stopandshop #savoryonline